Grateful Journal.

Saturday, January 21, 2017

I thought it would be for the best if I could start blogging again. Let's start from the right note this time round. Bismillah.

So I attended Marriage Preparation Course today with my husband-to-be (HTB). Wow! What a change in status from classmate to friend who didn't talk a lot to tutor to boyfriend to fiancé and now, HTB. We come a long way together my friend, haha! I hope this course has been very beneficial to you as much as it has to me.

All I want to prove is that marriage is a shared responsibility. You can't always take but never give. To give is better than to receive- I'm sure we all have heard about it. Communication is vital. We are not born mind readers nor we are born with special powers. Talk it out and make yourself clear. The phase where I always want to win or you always want to win in an argument was way over, I'm glad. I guess that we both are mature enough to know what's right and what's wrong. Apologize if you made a mistake.

I will be elated if you could help out with the household chores every now and then. It is not expected of you but offering a helping hand in the smallest way will light up my day. I could see the effort you are making. I am well aware of my responsibility once we get married and I know what will be expected from me once I'm married. Think about how I will look for you, care for you, cook for you, clean for you, wait on you, sleep with you, bore kids for you, give my life to you for the rest of my life. Takkan simple things pun tak boleh tolong.

Well, when marriage come in my mind, the following word will definitely come along with it like a package like that: taat. I'm not going to google out the meaning because I malas. I will be and want to be taat to my HTB. It's just in me! I hope you on the other hand too will respect me as your wife. I am not your maid that you need to understand. Yes, you will have your drink once home- I will prepare. I  will make sure that you won't go starving. Whatever you say, I will do or to put it simply is your wish is my command. I won't say no to you and even if I do, listen to what I'm about to say.

Saying the correct word and saying it correctly plays a huge part. Kindly watch what you say as it might hurt me unintentionally. Things like 'I love you', 'thank you', 'I'm sorry', 'please' for an instance try to use it more frequently. It's very pleasant and pleasing to the ears as well.

Having said that, I'm sure you will be the perfect husband to me, sayang. Be the best man you can be so that one day, insyaallah, when we have our own kids, our daughter will marry a good man and our son will be one hellavu fine man. I can't wait to start my life with you.

Layout by Chocholettha. Icons are from 3moresteps. Colors palette.